The World of Education

A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart!

Awards and Extra-Curricular (Artifacts)

More on Volunteer & Extra-Curricular Activities

Knowledge Makers Research Paper

This is an award-winning research network journal that I participated in this year. I wrote a research article for the 5th volume of the journal that will be published this year. The article that I wrote was about traditional healing practices. To read the article click the link. This is not the published version, I will update this once it once out. The image created of the tree was the artwork that accompanied my research article. This handcrafted tree was a gift given to me by my cousin.

Airini Jennifer Edwards_ Edited_The Knowledge Tree of Healing (3)

A gift from my cousin Ammy Hootnick, handcrafted work

Jack and Verna Miller Award from Thompson Rivers University

This award is for academic achievement and awarded to an Indigenous student in the Bachelor of Education Program. Jack was my Physical Education Instructor. During my first semester, I maintained an A+ average and plan to continue producing the best quality work that I can throughout the two-year program. My goal is to move on to a Master of Counselling while working as a teacher once I complete the Bachelor of Education Program and continue my studies further. Maintaining a high average and awards will help me to accomplish this goal.

Amy and I accepting our awards from Jack and Verna

Awarded the Jack and Verna Miller Award during my First Semester of the Bachelor of Education Program.

TRU Awards ceremony

© 2024 The World of Education