The World of Education

A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart!

A Passion for Travel

On the Adriatic Sea

European cobblestone streets

The first flight I took was to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico when I was 19 years old and this is when my love for exploring the world took off from there. I enjoy being in a hot tropical destination with the sun on my skin and the sand between my toes, as I walk on a beach and spend time connecting with Mother Nature.

Within Canada, I have explored many places in Ontario, this is where I was born and resided until I was 28 years old. My favorite places are in the Niagara Region, where many people close to me still live today. Niagra Falls, Wasaga beach, and Nickle Beach of Port Colborne hold many fond memories of my past. These places are gems in my eyes. My favourite city in Canada is Toronto. Yonge and Davisville, Young and Eglington, Lansdowne, Queen and Bathurst, Ossington, the Danforth, Jameson, just to list a few, of my spots there. I have been to Mont Tremblant, and  Montreal in Quebec, Alberta and I currently reside in British Columbia where I plan to stay.

In the United States, I have been to New York State, New Jersey, Michigan, Ohio, Maimi, Florida, including the Keys, Maui, Hawaii, Nevada, Washington States, Oregan, California, and Vermont.

Central America, I spent some time in Panama and the surrounding  Islands including Boca del Toro, as well as Belize and the islands of Belize.

The Caribbean islands of the Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Cuba, Cozumel, Cancun, and Playa Del Carmen Mexico.

During my honeymoon, I was fortunate to have been able to explore many destinations in Thailand and Beijing, China. I was in China during the Chinese New Year celebration and that was a pretty interesting time to be there. I have never seen so many fireworks in my entire life. It was an amazing sight.

Maui, Hawaii while pregnant with my youngest son Teague, and holding my son Axton.

The most recent travel that I did was to Europe, A few years ago I visited Iceland, and got to go to the Blue lagoon, a black sand beach and toured some geyser sites,  visited some waterfalls and saw how they used geothermal energy from the land. In September of 2019, I went to Croatia on a Yoga Retreat and the stayed on the islands around Croatia. I explored some historical sites and visited a castle in Split that was used for the filming of Game of Thrones. Most recently Copenhagen was my last destination.

My next destination will be Bermuda, as one of my dearest friends just purchased a third property there and I will be planning to visit soon. My love for travel encouraged me to pursue my post-secondary education in Travel and Tourism after completing high school and then eventually worked as a Travel Agent for Flight Centre. This was a very exciting time in my life where I was able to learn more about Geography and Culture from all over the world, as well as, I was able to experience it first hand. The skills I have learned along the way will help benefit my student’s learning, as I can teach from direct experiences.

Yoga retreat in Croatia

© 2024 The World of Education